1. I’ve been back to work for two weeks now, and it has been interesting. I’m learning new stuff and getting up to speed. I miss my babies, but what mom doesn’t when she returns to work?
2. My daughter wound up with an allergy attack that morphed into an ear infection (the usual MO for drainage that happens before we can catch it) my second day back. We will be having allergy testing for her 3 year check up, so that we can pay more attention to what she’s actually allergic to, and not have to keep giving her Claritin or Zyrtec just in case.
3. I suspect that my son is allergic to the oatmeal I’d been eating to up my supply as he’d been snuffly with watery eyes for about a week, but it has been tapering off since I stopped eating it. I suspect allergies, as he had no fever at all, but he may have had his first cold for all we know. We will be doing blood test allergy testing for him at his 4 month checkup. We won’t be starting him on solids until he’s 6 months old, so it will be good to be prepared.
4. I had a radical shift in thinking for my future plans literally 3 days before the end of my leave. Suffice to say the full steam ahead superconductor train that I was planning on jumping on has become an Amtrak. I’m slowing down and doing what is best for my family. Granted I could get there quicker my original way, but at what price? I’m happy and at peace with my decision, and I will be ok if my plans need more time to mature. What am I talking about??? Everyone needs a 5 year, a 10 year and a 15 year plan. I’d like to just lay them out in 5 year chunks, and all of the blather in this bullet is just the first 5 years. I’m a year in so far, and despite the shift in thinking, I’m doing great for all of the milestones.
5. Quick Cocktail Recipe:
1 Italian Ice (I like pomegranate)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 shot vodka
1/2 cup cold water
Mix until italian ice is melted and enjoy!
6. I’m gearing up for my solo trip with both babies. Once I have tickets and a car rental, I will lay out my plan here just like I did last time!
7. My goal weight for May was 200lbs, but my “I’m ok with it for now weight” was 205. This morning I weighed myself and the scale read 209. So, I’ve lost 39 pounds in 13.5 weeks. Its definitely slowing, and I definitely need to exercise, but the numbers keep going down, so I’m ok with that.
May 2011 (current): 209
Mid August 2011: 195
End December 2011: 175
End May 2012: 155