2 15oz cans of garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 tspn cumin
1 tspn curry powder (recipe called for tumeric – I was out)
1 tspn salt
1 tspn black pepper
1 tbsn dried minced onion
1 tbsn dried diced parsley
2 tbsn lemon juice
1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
1/3 cup flour
0. Preheat oven to 400F
1. Drain garbanzo beans well.
2. Combine ALL ingredients except flour in a food processor or a bowl until mashed.
3. Add flour and process/stir until batter is uniform. (batter can be saved in the fridge for about a week, but there’s not a whole lot, so why?)
4. Roll batter into balls (maybe about the size of a half dollar?) and place slightly flattened onto a baking pan lined with silpat.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. They will be golden brown.
Serve in a pita with fresh veggies and Cucumber Yogurt Dressing.
Cucumber Yogurt Dressing:
1/2 c fat free plain yogurt
1/4 c diced and seeded cucumber
1/8 c onion
1 tspn lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Chill until ready to serve falafel.
This was very yummy. I skipped the onion in the dressing though.